Monday, August 17, 2009

Better pencils required...


So "Gone fishing" is finally complete and I do love it, but I think it lacks a little punch and so I've decided not to put it on Etsy - I am going to do it again.

I am thinking that I need some better pencils, I am embarrased to say that all I have are Derwent Studios and I can't seem to get the punchy vibrant colours that I am dreaming of out of them.


So I've done a little research and decided against upgrading to Derwent Artist pencils due to thier poor lightfastness and instead I've decided on Faber Castell Polychromos which sound amazing! I am so excited about them and I found them for a good price at the Smart Art Club & I am going to get the 120 set - I can't wait!!!

http://www.smartartclub.com.au/shop/scdproducts.asp?CatID=2520

Once I get my new pencils I am going to re-do "Gone Fishing" and post it up here - fingers crossed it will be stunning because these pencils are quite a bit more than my old Derwent Studio's were and I am going to have to really strain my tiny little art supplies budget to fit them in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment